Artist: Mandy Nicholson
Melbourne United’s Indigenous Jersey represents the Traditional Custodians of Narrm (Melbourne) the Wurundjeri people the land on which the Club plays its games at Melbourne Arena.
The jersey features designs within flowing lines, inspired by Berak's (William Barak's) paintings and shields.
This aspect of the design highlights Wurundjeris different layers of Country; Biik-ut (Below Country), Biik-dui (On Country), Baanj Biik (Water Country), Murnmut Biik (Wind Country), Wurru Wurru Biik (Sky Country), and Tharangalk Biik (Forest Country above the clouds - Bunjil's home).
The iconic Melbourne United 'M' shows these flowing lines as well and is bordered by the 'circled flowing line' which is representative of the mountain ranges bordering Wurundjeri Country to the north.
The circles represent water flowing down from the mountains into Port Phillip Bay, connecting it to Wurundjeris Creation Narrative of how the Birrarung (Yarra) was created by unlocking the mass of water locked in the mountains.
Rep this unique story with pride in this Melbourne United 20/21 Authentic Indigenous Jersey - Jock Landale. It features indigenous artwork incorporated with the team wordmark on our premium, sports mesh fabric.
- Premium lightweight sports mesh fabric
- Champion branded woven jock tag
- Quick drying & moisture wicking
- Increases airflow & prevents odours
- Overlapping side seams with side splits
- Fits true to size, size up for a looser fit.
- Cold machine wash inside out
- Wash jerseys separately
- Always refer to the care label on the garment for full details